Thursday, January 8, 2009

Movie Food - What to Eat, Or Not

Movie Food
by Jacki Donaldson

I struggled yesterday while at the movies with my kids. I was a bit hungry and wondered what, if anything, I could get from the colorful concession counter that wouldn't derail my normally-healthy diet. Couldn't come up with anything. So I let my tummy grumble and waited until I was home where the food is guaranteed nutritious.

Glamour magazine shares in the February 2009 issue what's safe (well, safer) to eat while enjoying a big screen show. Topping the list in the candy department is Sour Patch Soft & Chewy Candy. Just more than three ounces will fill you with 375 calories and no fat. See why I went hungry? No thank you for that amount of calories. I'm not going for the big soft pretzel either, even though it's apparently a better option than many with 310 calories and four grams of fat. Next to the nachos and cheese and its over-the-top 894 calories, I see the draw. Still, I'll pass.

Love chocolate? Milk Duds are best, with 371 calories and 13.1 grams of fat. Holy fat. Hey, they're better than Peanut M&Ms, with 39.3 grams of fat. It's just a matter of perspective, I suppose. I mean, sure, a kid-sized butter popcorn with 20 grams of fat is far better than a large with 126 grams. But does better make these foods healthy? No. Which is why I'm packing a few ounces of nuts next time I cozy up in my theater chair to watch a courageous animated mouse save a princess from a life of doom and gloom.

For tips on how to stick to your diet in the most tempting of situations, check out this America Takes It Off article, which will even arm you with tactics for handling a relapse. Oh, and if you haven't yet weighed in with America Takes It Off this week, head over to this post and tell us if you've lost anything this week. Weigh-in deadline is noon today.

Article source: Thatsfit

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Important Privacy Notice:
Starting May, Google will have access to your internet usage via a cookie. This cookie will help Google provide the most appropriate ads for my blog, and any other website using Google Adsense, basing on your internet history. For example, if you frequent websites about Blogging, Health and Fitness, or Personal Finance, Google will show health or finance related ads in my blog, and any other website using Google Adsense. The reasoning is that you will be more interested in these ads and will help you find what you are possibly looking for.

For more information about these changes and how it affects our privacy, go to Google Privacy Center. Also, if you think these changes are not acceptable for you, there is a blue "opt out" button you can click. If you opt out, you will still see Google ads in my blog, but they will be based on the content of my posts, not on your personal internet history.

Please take time to read more. Whatever you do, make sure you understand the effects to your privacy.

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP