Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Twitter Explosion

Twitter ExplosionDo you use Twitter? In a span of one week, we saw several events unfold in the Twitterverse. These were some of them. Read them through and let me know what you think.

The Celebrity Connection
Ashton Kutcher beats CNN on a race to 1 million Twitter followers. And Oprah joins the Twitter bandwagon.

vs The Corporation
Twitter was used to spread the word against businesses who have done something unacceptable, offensive, or scandalous.

Ever Increasing Exposure
As more people join social media types like Twitter, it gets more powerful. How Twitter will use this power to forward their own interests, it's still not clear right now.

The Twitter Bubble?
Twitter might be getting too big for its own good. And People who started using it because of its exclusivity will be turned off eventually because "everybody is already in Twitter" (as of this time, I am not a user of Twitter).

Twitter-Quitter
As I already wrote about Twitter before. I also wrote how Somebody Hates Facebook. Now somebody hates Twitter.

I personally believe in the exponential power of any network. But for me, I am just gonna it this one out. I've got my hands full with other things right now... who am I kidding? I just don't want to join - no need to make excuses. How about you?

References:
Twitip.com
- Twipocalypse Now: Warnings of a Twitter Bubble

LATimes.com
- Ignore Twitter? Major brands learn they'd better respond -- and quick

Blog.Zap2it.com
- Twitter: Ashton Kutcher passes CNN, Oprah tweets

Blogs.ZDNet.com
- Twitter's Oprah-tunity: Time to get down to busines
- Can Twitter’s backbone handle sudden jump in popularity?
- Twitter’s celebrity appeal: Growth model or downward spiral?
- Twitter and news media: A long-term relationship or just a fling?

News.Cnet.com
- I'm officially dropping out of the Twitter gab fest

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Important Privacy Notice:
Starting May, Google will have access to your internet usage via a cookie. This cookie will help Google provide the most appropriate ads for my blog, and any other website using Google Adsense, basing on your internet history. For example, if you frequent websites about Blogging, Health and Fitness, or Personal Finance, Google will show health or finance related ads in my blog, and any other website using Google Adsense. The reasoning is that you will be more interested in these ads and will help you find what you are possibly looking for.

For more information about these changes and how it affects our privacy, go to Google Privacy Center. Also, if you think these changes are not acceptable for you, there is a blue "opt out" button you can click. If you opt out, you will still see Google ads in my blog, but they will be based on the content of my posts, not on your personal internet history.

Please take time to read more. Whatever you do, make sure you understand the effects to your privacy.

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP