Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ice Cream Maker

our ice cream maker toyI remember when I was a kid, we had this small Ice Cream Maker toy. We just put in the ingredients in a bowl and crank up the drum containing ice and salt. When the ice cream starts to freeze, it sticks on the drum. Then we can scrape it and it's ready to eat straight from the ice cream maker!

I also remember, my mother brought me some ice cream after my visits to the dentist. I realized that my craving for ice cream started when I was still very young and my mother had something to do with it...

I am now looking for an Ice Cream Maker so I can make my own ice cream from home. I am just looking for a small scale ice cream maker, not those with big ice cream equipment for business use. I checked with Amazon and it returned several products worth considering.

Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker is one of the most popular brands for ice cream makers. They showcase several ice cream maker models depending on the capacity and power requirements. They have a Cuisinart 1-1/2-Quart Automatic Ice Cream Makers which is a fully automatic ice cream, frozen yogurt, and sorbet maker. And they also have a larger model, the Cuisinart ICE-30BC Pure Indulgence 2-Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt, Sorbet, and Ice Cream Maker in case I need something bigger.

How to choose the best Ice Cream Maker:

  1. Check out the ice cream maker brand. Is it reputable? Does it have local support for parts and repair service? Does it have a warranty?
  2. Read the product description and specs. Is it solidly built or are its parts loose thread easily? Is it made of durable materials or is it easily breakable? Does it have enough capacity? Does it require lots of power? Is the motor too noisy when being used?
  3. Check out the operating instructions. Is it simple to use? Are the instructions easy to understand? Is it quick to setup and clean after? Or is it messy? Can young kids use it?
  4. Check out the ice cream quality. Is the ice cream consistency good all throughout the container? How much time does it take to make the ice cream from scratch?
  5. Read the customer and expert reviews. Did the other buyers like it? What did they not like about it?
  6. Does it offer some freebies like free ice cream scoop, extra containers and recipe books? Does it offer discounts when you buy packaged with an ice cream recipe book?
  7. Check out the price. Is owning an ice cream maker worth the investment?
Try breaking in the Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker using some of these ice cream recipe books below and never run out of ideas for ice cream flavors:

Ben & Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream & Dessert Book The Complete Idiot's Guide to Homemade Ice CreamOld-Fashioned Homemade Ice CreamRecipe of the Week: Ice Cream







Why do I need an ice cream maker? There's nothing like home made ice cream made from fresh and natural ingredients. I can choose to make low fat and low sugar ice cream. I can choose to add fresh fruits and nuts. In other words, the ice cream maker makes it possible for me to make any kind of ice cream flavor that I want.

2 comments:

Little Miss Sunshine State March 12, 2009 at 12:11 PM  

None of the recipes I found online specify whole milk. I'm going to look for some of tose books in the library.

Start Blogging March 12, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

Little Miss Sunshine State, thanks for your comment. How about using more cream? Good luck in your ice cream making!

Post a Comment

Important Privacy Notice:
Starting May, Google will have access to your internet usage via a cookie. This cookie will help Google provide the most appropriate ads for my blog, and any other website using Google Adsense, basing on your internet history. For example, if you frequent websites about Blogging, Health and Fitness, or Personal Finance, Google will show health or finance related ads in my blog, and any other website using Google Adsense. The reasoning is that you will be more interested in these ads and will help you find what you are possibly looking for.

For more information about these changes and how it affects our privacy, go to Google Privacy Center. Also, if you think these changes are not acceptable for you, there is a blue "opt out" button you can click. If you opt out, you will still see Google ads in my blog, but they will be based on the content of my posts, not on your personal internet history.

Please take time to read more. Whatever you do, make sure you understand the effects to your privacy.

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP